Lose weight and keep it off easily!
If you've been dieting and exercising and not getting anywhere or even if it's your first time trying to lose weight here are some things that can be done that will help you MAKE it happen.
Losing weight isn't always just a matter of what we eat or how much we eat there are other contributing factors and you can use them to your advantage to help you lose weight. Don't forget always check with your physician and make sure you don't have any underlying medical conditions that you're not aware of.
Make your body work for you rather than against you
One of the first things to do is take a look at your thermostat/ac settings.Our bodies build up fat in response to surrounding temperatures. If our environment is too cool our body will be working to build layers of fat as protection. Chances are your body has already built the layers it feels it needs in response to the temperature settings you normally use. So adjust appropriately. Keeping your environment slightly warmer than you're accustomed to will encourage your body to reverse the process of building and storing layers of fat to shedding them.
Make sure you get enough sleep. We burn most of our calories while we're sleeping. About 60% of the calories we burn are burned while sleeping. The rest get burned while we're awake. If you're not getting enough sleep you're also most likely not allowing your body to finish the process of burning that 60%. It doesn't get passed on to be burned efficiently during your waking hours because your body already has the job of burning the other 40% to begin with.
Alternate the foods you eat. Our body works on a storage system. If we eat pasta for lunch it will extract all the nutrients from it,discard the waste, use what it needs at the moment and store the rest as fat for later use. If we later on have pasta for dinner not needing anything from it immediately as it had access to those nutrients earlier it will immediately store all useful nutrients from it as fat.That meal immediately gets turned to fat it does not get discarded.The body will not throw out anything potentially useful just as you wouldn't throw out a perfectly good roast if you weren't hungry at the moment, you would put it in the freezer. Snacking on the same foods over and over, having the same thing for breakfast everyday, eating the same meats for lunch and dinner, leftovers... all instant fat builders.You could eat nothing but celery sticks and cottage cheese all day every day and your body will still make fat. After a day or so it has had enough of what those foods have to offer and will store them as fat.
Steer clear of processed foods. Use whole foods in their most natural state as much as possible.The artificial ingredients in processed foods so bog down the body's processes it can't function efficiently.Things are often used in processed foods such as silicone dioxide which is SAND by the way (used for flow on potato chips and other things) that aren't even organic, meaning the body can't break them down any further but it will certainly try to. Slowing things down, tying up processes and resources that should be working on other things decreasing the body's ability to process what it should be processing to begin with food.
Vitamins. Make sure to take a daily multivitamin as a supplement. When your body signals hunger it's really asking for nutrition. If it's not getting enough nutrients from the foods you're eating it's simply going to continue to ask for more food. So vitamins are a must. Especially if you're eating foods that have little nutritional value. Keep in mind that even foods we think have nutritional value are often seriously depleted of nutrients.
Once you start doing these things your body's processes will switch from building and maintaining fat to shedding it.Your body will start using the nutrients from the foods you put into it instead of storing them as fat.
All information on this site is for informational purposes only. Not intended to substitute or be used as medical advice.